Apple Quest

A once hard-core PC user contemplates the exciting world of the Mac

Friday, July 21, 2006

When Viruses Attack

I've found another thing I'd enjoy about owning a Mac. No Viruses. I've spent almost the entire day running anti-virus, spyware, adware, and a whole host of other utilities in order to rid my computer of something that is attacking my computer. Strangely enough, this virus keeps sending out pop up ads and "warnings" disguised as Microsoft announcements that come up from the taskbar that all want me to download antivirus software. I'm pretty sure these places aren't legit, so it's probably just another way to distribute the virus, but it's REALLY REALLY ANNOYING, and I still haven't been able to get it off my computer. I don't even know where this stuff came from.

I need a Mac soon. The non-existant threat of viruses on a Mac is looking pretty appealing right about now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home