Apple Quest

A once hard-core PC user contemplates the exciting world of the Mac

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

New Realizations

After a couple of weeks of pouring over Apple fan pages, blogs, and forums, I've become permanently hooked. Unfortunately, while I became enamored of these amazing computers, I also came to the realization that it is almost impossible for me to own one anywhere in the near future. With college right around the corner, anything and everything finances-wise will go towards supporting tuition, room and board, books, etc. That leaves precious little for any personal items, let alone a $2000 computer. Once I'm out of college and working for my own at a non-minimum-wage job, I'm sure I'll be able to set aside my own funds for a computer, but that could be four, six, eight years in the future. I really don't want to wait that long to get my first real Mac experience. I feel that NOW is the time to jump on the Apple bandwagon. Apple's transition from PowerPC to Intel chips signifies an major sift in the direction of the company, and I want to be there from the start of this new era. (And I also want to jump in before Microsoft releases Windows Vista, and I forget all about Apple and OS X. Hopefully not though.) So here's my solution. I've taking a page out of Stefan's book over at Make Me Switch, and setup a PayPal account where you can help me make a dent in the price tag of a new Apple computer. You might say it's corny/cheap/unethical/sneaky/despicable, but I say it's worth a shot. It worked for him, it may work for me. So, if you feel inclined to help out, please do! There's a PayPal donate button on the left column, and you can pay with any major credit card or a PayPal account. If you don't feel like donating, that's ok by me too. Please DO spread the word to friends/family/others in the Mac community if you think they'd be interested in donating!

This is all in the initial stages, so I'll be sure to update soon with more information on goals, the computer itself, etc. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home