Apple Quest

A once hard-core PC user contemplates the exciting world of the Mac

Monday, July 10, 2006

Computer Updates

Following the advice of the folks over at the Macrumors Forum, I think I've finally pieced together my ideal computer. As I stated in an earlier article, I'm drawn towards the Macbook Pro, not only for their beauty but also for their brawn. As an student entering an undergraduate engineering program, I'm going to need the extra graphics card power and Pro features to run the applications I'll need for class. These are the specs I've decided on:

Macbook Pro 15.4"
2 GHz Intel Core Duo
512 MB RAM (I'll upgrade this with non-Apple RAM, it's cheaper)
80 GB Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 128 MB GDDR3 Memory

TOTAL: $1799 (With student discount. I knew college was good for something!)

I didn't want to ask for something ridiculous, because there's no sense upping the price by a couple hundred dollars for menial upgrades in processor speed, RAM, HD space, and video card RAM. And with a lower price, I could theoretically get a mac sooner! So stay tuned for updates, donate if you wish (and I hope you do!), and have a nice day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home